Published on Jan 18, 2017
Major new features
- Superior management of Automated Structural Negatives - CampaignSuite now enables you not only to automate the generation of new Negatives, but also to delete existing Negatives if they’re no longer needed. Previously, CampaignSuite generated Ad Group Negatives based on the Account content, but did not consider varying traffic volumes & relevance of corresponding positive Keywords. Now, Ad Group Negatives will be deleted if the volume of impressions for the corresponding positive Keyword falls below a critical impression threshold (e.g. due to pausing a Keyword, bid changes, a Keyword turning into “low search volume”, etc.). This makes Structural Negatives Management more intelligent and precise than beforehand, and prevents effects of blocking traffic, when the intention is to direct traffic to the exact and more long-tailed parts of the account.
NOTE: At the moment, this functionality needs to be activated per account. In case you are interested, just contact your CampaignSuite Consultant. If you want to learn more about Structural Negatives, please visit: http://learning.deltamethod.
- The export process has been given a significant overhaul and works now more efficiently. Additionally, queue time and scheduling of jobs is being handled in a fairer way, especially during traffic peaks.
- Fallback distribution for Expanded Text Ads has been added. It will be visible to you after (re)generation of the template.
- The number of row combinations is now calculated and shown in the relation dialog of each template. This number expresses how many various combinations between both tables can be expected from this relation, and may give you indications for too restrictive relations.
- In order to support individual tracking, the use of question marks “?” has been enabled in the URLs generated from the global DOMAIN variable.
A number of bug fixes
- Keyword insertions are now ignored when counting the characters of Ads. This means that users will not receive false error alerts for Text Ad elements exceeding the character limit due to the keyword insertion command.
- If the Paths in an Expanded Text Ad template are left empty, no error alerts for “missing required fields” will be shown anymore. Previously, ads were generated despite false error alerts in the user interface.
- Relations mapping values between two tables are now case insensitive. This means that it won’t matter if the value in the relation column is “shoes”, “SHOES”, or “Shoes”.